September, 1948 I enter school. For the next 16 years I am a full time student and getting books and school supplies is a ritual. September 1970, my firstborn enters school. The ritual begins again without pause until June 2004 when my youngest graduates high school. Wouldn’t you think with four children that I’ve had enough shopping for back to school supplies? It doesn’t work that way. Please remember:
#1, I have hubby for which to shop.
#2, I am a grammy of seven.
News Flash! Times are tough, and the U. S. is in a bad economy. I try to shop wisely and stretch every dollar. Hubby’s five year old laptop isn’t working properly. Grandson #1’s three year old laptop isn’t working at all. With technology what it is for computers today, I have to consider replacing rather than repairing. So, I’m off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard who stocks everything at great prices. Time to check out Walmart for HP’s Back-to-School Technology. No need to break the piggy bank. Computer prices continue to fall as with new features are built in. Besides, if I don’t buy now then there is always Christmas.
Buying my youngest a HP laptop when he entered the service September, 2004, was one of the smartest things I ever did. His emails and pictures helped a lot. Laptops eight years later are even better – smaller, smarter, and speedier. Today’s world is built on computers. Wish the HP Pavilion dv6-7029wm Entertainment PC had been around back then.
- AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M accelerated processor
- 3.40GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
- 750GB SATA hard drive
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
- 15.6″ HD BrightView LED-backlit display
- AMD Radeon HD 7640G Discrete-Class graphics with up to 4084MB total graphics memory
- HP TrueVision HD webcam
- 2-in-1 memory card reader
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 2 x headphone-outs, 1 x
- microphone-in, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x VGA port, 1 x HDMI port
- 6-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 6 hours battery life
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- Norton Internet Security 2012 (60 days)
- HP Recovery Manager
Add one HP ePrint printer, like the wireless HP Deskjet 3052a e-All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner with Airprint, and send photos and documents to it by smartphone, notebook, or any device with e-mail capabilities.
- Print Speed: Black: Up to 20 ppm; Color: Up to 16 ppm
- Print Resolution: Black: Up to 600 dpi, Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Built-in Wireless
- Energy Star certified
- Replacement Ink: HP 61 Black Ink Cartridges, Tri-Color Ink Cartridges
- Built-in Wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n): Wireless and ePrint capabilities from multiple computers and devices
- 2.0″ monochrome LCD panel
- Copier Settings: Black: Up to 4.5 cpm, Color: Up to 2.5 cpm
- Scan Settings: Optical: Up to 1200 dpi; Hardware: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Paper & Media Compatibility: 60-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray
- Media Types: Paper (brochure, inkjet, plain), photo paper, envelopes, labels, cards (greeting), transparencies
Compatible Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2) or higher (32-bit only), Mac OS X v. 10.5 or v. 10.6
Finish the deal with some extra HP ink cartridges like the 61XL which holds more ink, and there will be no reason for no news.
HP is a reputable company AND its prices are affordable. What a great sendoff these new HP products would be for graduating seniors off to college studying, researching, gaming, listening to the music, watching movies; underclassmen and women; members of the U. S. Armed Forces stationed everywhere; travelers like hubby, and anyone else who needs to remain connected with work, home, family, and friends 24/7!
ONE winners will receive a $25 Walmart GC..
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter check out the HP at Walmart page and then leave a comment on this post telling me which HP product would best prepare their child for a new school year and why.
BONUS ENTRIES – LOTS OF THEM!
2 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Follow @patperiod on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Tweet this giveaway. Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Like Pat Period on Facebook. – leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here. – Leave 2 comments for this.
3 – Place my button on your blog. (in sidebar) – Leave 3 comments for this.
Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
US addresses only please. This contest will end on Friday 09/07/12 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
I am to receive a gift card in exchange for participating in this Mom Select campaign. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.