My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Royal Pony Wedding DVD Review
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Royal Pony Wedding
- DVD Release Date: August 7, 2012
- Rated: Unrated
- Number of discs: 1
- Language: English
- Studio: Shout! Factory
- Run Time: 120 minutes
Shout’s August 7, 2012, release of Hasbro Toys inspired Hub TV hit My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic, Royal Pony Wedding is good news for this old grammy and her grandbaby Princess.
My Little Pony is like the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down. Positive messages like friendship, cooperation, duties, responsibility, persistence and love play out. Each story isn’t turn-off preachy. Instead it’s turn-on fantasy sure to be a hit with young female audiences to be viewed again, again, and again.
Royal Pony Wedding is an invitation to age-appropriate TV-Y rated animated entertainment. Plots although predictable are well constructed and brought to life well done simple art and beautiful pastels. Themes reflect the complexities and uncertainties of growing up.
What girl doesn’t dream about fairy tale castles and royal weddings? Truth is young and old alike, women are romantics and each story centers on some aspect of love.
- A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1–Twilight Sparkle experiences conflicting feelings and suspicion when she learns her brother is getting married.
- A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2–Twilight Sparkle and Cadance stop Shining Armor’s wedding to impostor evil Queen Chrysalis.
- Hearts and Hooves Day–The Cutie Mark Crusaders play matchmaker for Cheerlie and Big Macintosh.
- Sweet and Elite–The ponies discover social status vs friendship isn’t always an easy choice.
- The Best Night Ever–The Grand Galloping Gala shows the little unicorn heroines things they do not expect.
Together with its Bonus Sing-Along and Coloring sheets that means happy faces and two hours running time fun for SMLP $14.97.
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.