2010 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE – John Daly’s Prostroke Golf Video Game
My middle son always talks about golfing. My little grandson always delights in playing it on a Wii. Time for me to find out more about this popular sport before I invest in clubs and balls, don’t you think?
A few days ago I received PS3’s John Daly’s Prostroke Golf. Sans a Playstation Move peripheral, I had to use the analog controller that came with the system. Exercise and coordination are not my strong so I did the perfunctory tutorial videos and commentaries. Real golfers should consider them lucky that I was not on the green. I considered?myself lucky to be able to learn from the Lion John Daly. I could have done without the Loudmouth garb though.
I liked my first person view and was ready for a fun experience with twelve different courses and golfer models. Middle son demonstrated for me how to swing the club, rotate the wrist, and adjust the slice and hook. I didn’t do well on that at all, but, at least, the putts were easy.
Faults: The announcer’s accent was distracting. I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong the times the ball disappeared. The visuals could have been better.
Strengths: This golf game ‘s realism comes from it being down to earth rather than dramatic or theatrical. Amateurs like me don’t need super-power shots or the ability to spin the ball mid-air. Its pro-shot control helps judge how to judge the right speed, stroke, and ball contact. Generic maybe–just remember this is for everyone of all ages and skill levels–that’s why I would not play it online.
This is what Playstation says about it:
- EVERYONE CAN PLAY: John Daly?s ProStroke Golf? is accessible to players of all ages and skill levels, whether you play with PlayStation?Move motion controller or the Dualshock?3 Wireless Controller.
- UNIQUE PROSTROKE CONTROL: Perfect your swing and hit the ball with stunning accuracy.
- FULL PLAYSTATION MOVE SUPPORT: Swing with the PlayStation?Move to enjoy the most accurate golf experience available anywhere.
- COURSES: Enjoy several licensed courses from around the world including commentary from the famous voices of golf.
- CHALLENGE JOHN DALY: Compete against John ?The Lion? Daly in various challenges including Longest Drive and Nearest the Pin.
- PLAY ONLINE OR ON A SINGLE CONSOLE WITH UP TO 4 PLAYERS: Improve your swing and your important short game, go head-to-head or pair up with friends in a variety of modes including Quick Play, Tournament, Challenge and Practice
Its description of key features is accurate. If you like golf and can’t get a round in, this virtual reality game is a good substitute. Listing at $49.99, it is available online as well as in toy and electronic store shelves now.
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.