The product featured in this post was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Pound Puppies: Showstopping Pups
Release Date: April 12, 2016
Studio: Shout Factory Kids
Genre: Animated comedy
Run Time: 110 minutes
The Pound Puppies are in the spotlight for this brand-new collection of adventures from Shelter 17! Join Lucky, Niblet, Cookie, Squirt and Strudel as they display their song-and-dance skills, solve a mystery, become superheroes and encourage a faded TV star to return to glory!
Brief Episode Summaries:
(1) The Accidental Pup Star–What happens when Rebound’s singing video goes viral in the internet?
(2) It’s Elementary, My Dear Pup Club–How can Pepper and the Pup Club help Chucky clear his name?
(3) Hot Dawg!–How does a love triangle between Cookie, Strudel and smooth-talking outsider Antonio nearly spoil Pupster’s finding his perfect person?
(4) The Watchdogs–When Strudel is mistaken for a superhero, what happens to the Pound Pup team?
(5) Back in Action–Why can the pup gang do to help elderly people-hater dog Bert?
This Critic’s Opinion:
I remember my firstborn cherishing her plush Pound Puppies long before the ever became an inspiration for a TV children’s series. The animal was cute and innocent like children should be. What I liked about the show it inspired and the videos that followed is that each episode captures that same cuteness and innocence. Its kid friendly cartoon animation and scripting are high quality production and storytelling.