The product featured was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Phineas & Ferb: The Perry Files – Animal Agents
- DVD Release Date: February 26, 2013
- Rated: G (General Audience)
- Run Time: 168 minutes
- Number of discs: 1
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 2.0), French (Dolby Digital 2.0), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Subtitles: French, Spanish, English
- Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
- ASIN: B00AKFF6PE
When we missed the Phineas and Ferb float by seconds in Disneyland, Princess, a big girl now as she constantly reminds me, nearly had a meltdown. It seems that these two Disney cartoon characters are her #1 favs. So when I was asked to review recently released (February 26, 2013) Animal Files from Disney Phineas and Ferb’s The Perry Files, I just had to say YES.
Join Phineas Flynn and stepbrother Ferb Fletcher on summer vacation. With mother Linda Flynn-Fletcher, father Lawrence Fletcher, and sister Candace watching, what can happen? Beware of their double-life leading pet Perry the Platypus AKA spy Organization Without a Cool Acronym Agent P. Don’t let silence fool you. His flapping bill’s aggravated purr tells a lot. Evil scientist Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, Doof for short, doesn’t stand a chance.
Animal Agents’ (168 minute running time) include spy glasses and twelve adventures:
- Journey to the Center of Candace–A shrinking mini-submarine, Candace’ stomach, and Doof mixing it up a little show Phineas and Ferb a
- different side.
- Traffic Cam Caper–The fun begins as four people want Candace’s CD of a traffic camera.
- Bowl-R-Drama–Giant bowling ball and Doofenshmirtz’s “giant-robotic-penguin-icy-freeze-your-socks-off-breath-inator-thingy” sets a record.
- Vanessasary Roughness–Daddy Doof says Vanessa can have a car if she gets him what he wants. She wants to get it and so do four others.
- Isabella and the Temple of Sap–The Fireside Girls, hairspray, maraca nut trees, and an old abandoned amusement park converge at the temple of Sap.
- Cheer Up Candace–Candace’s angst when Jeremy breaks a date becomes a comedy show from makeover to Mix ‘n” Mingle until Stacy suggests getting ice cream.
- Robot Rodeo– A Rodeo Clown Patch, the second annual Inator Creation contest, fog and balloons hi jinx cause Heinz to win by default.
- Lotsa Latkes–Senior festival, historical-inator, potato chips, DNA and potato gremlins keep things busy.
- Agent Doof–The Babe-inator, Dr. Diminutive, and the Fourth Wall cause Doof to return to his evil ways.
- Where’s Perry? Part 1–The Flynn-Fletchers safari in Africa, Carl shows another side, and Perry disappears…to be continued.
- Where’s Perry? Part 2–search for Perry as Phineas instinctively searches for Perry in Africa with Carl and the robots close behind.
- Perry recruits the wild animals. The Go-Home-inator keeps them where the heart is.
- What Did I Miss?–Training squirrels, a beauty contest, Doof winning King Pretty Pretty Princess, peach cobbler and sand flashbacks make quite a tale.
TVG rated with 168 minutes running time, Animal Agents gets two thumbs up from this particular critic-parent. Geometric shapes, simple designs, and bright colors give the characters and the backgrounds interest and eye appeal. Plot lines build on nothing magical and contain no raunch. Animated episodes augmented by musical numbers and guest stars are well timed, witty and sometimes irreverent. Its BONUS Take two with Phineas and Ferb’s cameos from real-life celebrities is a win.