I just love candy apples. There are so many different kinds to choose from nowadays besides the original. Bet you have seen coconut, caramel, chocolate, rainbow sprinkled ones too. Bet you haven’t seen this one though. I found it in the Candy Shoppe on Main Street in Disneyland, Anaheim, California. I couldn’t resist in buying one for the kid in me. Not being able to bring any home for my grandchildren, I figured out the next best thing. I took a picture, listed every ingredient, and wrote down step by step how to make Mickey Mouse ones. (Incidentally there were Minnies as well.)
- large stick about 8″ in length
- large firm tart green apple
- 2 white marshmallows
- caramels preferably vanilla — to be melted
- dark chocolate — to be melted
- vanilla icing
- red sprinkles
- 2 yellow jelly beans, preferably mini-sized
- large white paper cupcake liner
- Insert stick firmly into the center of the apple.
- Follow package directions for melting caramel; dip whole apple into; let harden well.
- Attach two marshmallows to top of apple about 2″ apart using vanilla icing as cement; let set.
- Follow package for melting dark chocolate; dip whole apple and marshmallows into; let harden firmly.
- Cover bottom half of apple with white icing cement.
- Apply red sprinkles immediately.
- Attach two jellybeans to top of sprinkled surface vertical to space between marshmallows.
- Place on cupcake liner.
This is a tasty treat and great children’s party idea. It is an eyecatcher too.
Isn’t it just the cat’s meow? Only funnin’, Mickey. Enjoy.