As someone who loves to travel I’m obviously always looking for great places to go. But I also look for great deals and different ways to save money. I’ve been in contact with the folks at BedandBreakfast.com and I wanted to share some information about them with my readers. It’s a fun way to travel. I haven’t stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in many years but I’m considering it as part of my accomodations for my trip across country in July.
Take some advice from Sandy Soule, Marketing VP of BedandBreakfast.com, the largest online B&B directory and reservation network worldwide. As a successful child-toting B&B guidebook author and mom, and now a B&B marketing expert and grandma, Soule offers advice and encouragement to families wishing to enjoy an affordable summer inn getaway.
- Convenient location: Choose an inn with plenty of activities for good weather and bad–sand castles to build, boats to row, mountains to climb, farm animals to feed, horses to ride, and museums to visit. Minimize travel time; cramped kids are cranky kids.
- Appropriate accommodations: A family suite, cabin or cottage will give you extra space and privacy, so the kids’ lack of “volume control” won’t disturb others or make you tense.
- Food: Hungry children whine and fuss. Find innkeepers who understand that kids prefer teddy bear pancakes to eggs Benedict. A refrigerator for snacks and afternoon refreshments and a bottomless cookie jar are also welcome.
- Family-friendly furnishings: Combine museum-quality antiques with young children for guaranteed stress. Teach your kids to respect property, but select accommodations with sturdy, comfortable durable furnishings.
- Built-in fun: Look for games, puzzles, outdoor play equipment, cribs and even special children’s programs and/or baby-sitters. An extra plus for children is the new friends they’ll make. On the other hand, remember that close supervision of your children is your responsibility as a parent.
- Family-friendly pricing: Select properties with rooms or cottages that sleep four, and include family oriented extras in the rate.
This year, B&B means Budget and Bargains, not Break the Bank with nearly 75 special offers for value-filled family fun on BedandBreakfast.com. For details, go to www.BedandBreakfast.com and click on the photo of the smiling kids for a complete list of fabulous family-friendly B&Bs and packages.
BedandBreakfast.com offers plenty of ways for families to save on summer vacations and getaways year-round. For great package deals, visit the Specials Section and click on Family Fun, Family Reunions, or Grandparents – Grandchildren Packages or book online by July 6 and save up to $100 on a four-night stay (use promo code BBSIZZLE100); click here for details.
Founded in 1995, BedandBreakfast.com is highly recommended by The New York Times, Real Simple, Forbes, Travel & Leisure, USA TODAY and many others. To learn about The Getaway Gift Card from BedandBreakfast.com and more than 7,500 other perfect choices for your own B&B getaway, visit BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online bed and breakfast directory and reservation network worldwide. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase The Getaway Gift Card, read up-to-date trip reports on The BedandBreakfast.com Blog, read and write independent reviews, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
Additionally, for information on a range of independently-owned distinctive lodging, visit BedandBreakfast.com’s sister site, www.Inns.com.